1977 FJ 40 Seat Mount and Gas Tank Issue

Activity Forums Brand Specific Toyota 1977 FJ 40 Seat Mount and Gas Tank Issue

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of 4x4Nation Admin 4x4Nation Admin 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 4x4Nation Admin
    4x4Nation Admin
    Keymaster
    WheelerHardcoreAdmin

I bought Mastercraft suspension seats for my 1977 FJ40, thinking it would be a pretty easy swap. Well, I was wrong. I wasn’t thinking about how low slung the factory seats are and how high the gas tank sits under the passenger seat. I need a solution or series of solutions. I know I could spend big bucks and get a custom fuel cell made to fit under the rear of the vehicle and custom mount the seats, but I was hoping for a cheaper fix. All suggestions welcome.

Profile photo of Eugene Kelley
    Eugene Kelley
    Participant
    Wheeler

Early 90s chevy S10 blazer tank will fit under the rear of an fj.

4x4Nation Admin
    Keymaster
    WheelerHardcoreAdmin

Thanks for posting up here. My only concern is I plan to link my FJ at some point. Any measurements or pics on how low it hangs down?

• Author
    4x4Nation Admin
    Keymaster
    • WheelerHardcoreAdmin

I bought Mastercraft suspension seats for my 1977 FJ40, thinking it would be a pretty easy swap. Well, I was wrong. I wasn’t thinking about how low slung the factory seats are and how high the gas tank sits under the passenger seat. I need a solution or series of solutions. I know I could spend big bucks and get a custom fuel cell made to fit under the rear of the vehicle and custom mount the seats, but I was hoping for a cheaper fix. All suggestions welcome.

Profile photo of Eugene Kelley
    Eugene Kelley
    Participant
    • Wheeler

Early 90s chevy S10 blazer tank will fit under the rear of an fj.

4x4Nation Admin
    Keymaster
    • WheelerHardcoreAdmin

Thanks for posting up here. My only concern is I plan to link my FJ at some point. Any measurements or pics on how low it hangs down?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.